Kiwis are a good source of vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. Antioxidants — including vitamin C, choline, lutein, and zeaxanthin — help remove free radicals from the body. Free radicals are unstable molecules that the body produces during metabolism and other processes.
Ginger is loaded with antioxidants, compounds that prevent stress and damage to your body’s DNA. They may help your body fight off chronic diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease, and diseases of the lungs, plus promote healthy aging.
Green apples contain a compound called pectin, a fiber source that works as a prebiotic to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut. The pectin found in green apples can help you break down foods more efficiently. The high fiber content in green apples can have other impacts on your digestive health as well.
green apple Kiwi Ginger Juice
Kiwi, Green Apple, and Kale Juice is a tasty and nutrient-rich green juice blend to start your morning with. This green juice isn’t bitter at all, thanks to the addition of green apples and kiwi.
Tips for Making the Best Green Juice
Purchase Organic produce when possible to minimize pesticides and other toxic ingredients transferring to your green juice. Then, wash your produce well. Organic produce still comes in contact with dirt, pollution, animals, and other contaminants.
After washing, cut larger items into manageable chunks that will fit well through the juicer’s chute.
Don’t pack the juicer’s chute too tightly or try to force it through; gently pressing the tamper down is ok – don’t use too much pressure. For the best juice extraction, be patient and let the juicer do its job.
Check your particular model’s instruction manual to learn about different settings that might be needed depending on the hardness/softness of each produce item.
- 3 Large Kale Leafs with Stems Removed
- 3 stalks of Organic Celery
- 1 Kiwi
- Small Chunk of ginger
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 small Lemon
- 3 sprigs of Fresh Mint
- 1 scoop of Boomer Boost
- 1 scoop of Barley (Gladiator or Heirloom)
How to Make Green Apple, Kiwi, Kale Juice
- Wash and dry the Kale, Green Apple, Kiwi, Lemon, Celery, and Mint to remove any dirt, surface pesticides, or other contaminants.
- Cut any large items into smaller pieces so that they easily fit through the chute of your juicer.
- Add all of the ingredients to the juicer and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Divide this Green Apple, Kiwi, Kale Juice between 4 glasses filled with ice and serve immediately for the most nutritional value.
How to Store Leftover Green Juice
- Unused portions of this Green Apple, Kiwi, and Kale juice should be covered and refrigerated and consumed within 24 hours for most flavor and nutrient content.
- Shake or stir this Green juice before serving as the ingredients will settle and separate over time.
How to Make Green Juice in a Blender
To juice without a juicer, you’ll need to follow these easy steps of blending and straining your fruits and vegetables:
- Wash all of the fruits and vegetables. Cut them up into chunks, approximately 2 inches in size.
- Add the fruits and vegetables and 1 cup of cold, filtered water to the jar of your blender.
- Blend the mixture until completely smooth. Use the “juicing” cycle if your blender has one.
- Place a large strainer over a large glass container. Pour the blended ingredients into the strainer and strain over the glass container to remove as much pulp/fiber as possible.
- If you’d like to take it one step further, you can transfer the strained juice back to the blender and repeat this process using cheesecloth to remove any remaining fine particles that have passed through the strainer.